Thursday, February 10, 2011

Peña Quits Aguilas del Cibao


Dominican skipper Tony Peña will not return as manager of the Cibao Eagles to the next Dominican winter baseball season, announced this ruling on Thursday.

During a meeting with reporters at his residence in Santiago, north of Santo Domingo, Peña said he previously met with the general manager Winston Llenas, and told him of his decision.

"This has been a difficult year for me, I have not had time to share with my family, I have not had time to do anything, " said Peña.

"I told Packed in mind that the next season will start earlier still, it was hard for me to return next year because there are so many things I have made that really no words to explain "he added.

Pena, who played his entire career in winter ball - 18 in total - with the Eagles and led the club earlier, said it will continue near the equipment and willing to go to the call as long as needed.

Revealed that among the most difficult times that has been through this year has been the death of his mother and asked the fans to understand the decision Cibaeña assumed.

He said that after his departure from The Cibao Eagles do not take the lead of other baseball team.


0 comentarios:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More