Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tampa Introduce New Players

Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon were formally introduced yesterday as members of the Rays in a news conference at Tropicana Field.

"We are excited about what this pair of players bring to the organization, and we look forward to seeing you play and help the team on and off the pitch, " said vice president of baseball operations for the Rays, Andrew Friedman.

Damon will receive a salary of $ 5.25 million, plus $ 750,000 in incentives, while Ramirez will make $ 2 million. "I stole money. I'm here because I love this game, I like to compete. All I want is to show people that you can still play, "said Manny.

Ramirez finished 2010 with a .298 average, nine homers and 42 RBIs.


0 comentarios:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More