Friday, July 29, 2011

Hanley Ramirez in trouble with Florida Marlins

In an interview with The Miami Herald, Hanley Ramirez responded to the criticism of special adviser to the Marlins, Jeff Conine.

Last week, a Miami radio program, Conine said that if he had power we would trade Ramirez and every night he feel frustrated when he sees Ramirez playing shortstop.

"If Conine has a problem, he just have to come and talk to me as a man," Ramirez told the newspaper. "He do not be chicken and talk radio, because everyone will find out what it says."

Ramirez thought was right not to qualify as a player who does not care or no effort, and questioned the timing of the statements Conine.

Ramirez batted 5-2 with an RBI double in the third game of Florida in Washington and made an impressive play at shortstop, but made a mistake and was caught in robbery attempt.

That was after the three-time All-Star and former Rookie of the Year in the National League said he wanted to be in Florida the rest of his career and the Hall of Fame as a member of the Marlins.

He also wants to take over the nickname Conine.

"I think he wants to be 'Mr. Marlin' forever," said Hanley. "That will not happen. I will be 'Mr. Marlin'. Now that's my goal. [Before comments Conine] that had not crossed my mind."

"I'm still playing. Where is he? I'm just happy to be in the league. I do not care what people say."


0 comentarios:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More