Thursday, September 1, 2011

Giants Fired Tejada

San Francisco Giants began to cut back on Wednesday and decided to end its ties with dominican infielder Miguel Tejada.

Tejada, 37, received a one-year contract for $ 6.5 million in December to join the Giants.

He was hitting .239 with four homers and 26 RBIs in 91 games. he had to 4-20 since being activated from the disabled list in Aug. 16 after missing 25 games with a strained lower abdomen.
"I knew it was coming eventually," said Mark DeRosa on the shock. "I do not know who or where he came from. At some point something had to be done. "
"I just want to thank you for the opportunity," Tejada said in a brief telephone interview. When asked if he saw the movement come, said: "I ​​do not pay attention to that. I just try to play baseball. "


0 comentarios:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More