Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dominican pitcher is discharged from killing



The pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles Alfredo Simon was acquitted Tuesday by a dominican court in the case of involuntary manslaughter case that weighed against him for an incident on December 31 last year.

"The prosecutor did not prove the charge. The prosecution witnesses said they saw his gun and shoot Simon's experts showed that the bullet that was extracted did not come to the late Simon gun, "he told the AP the player's lawyer, Dinora Dilon.

Simon, 29, was accused of having shot and killed Michael Almonte Castillo, 25, and wounded his brother Starlin Castillo, 17, in an incident on New Year's Eve.

It was not immediately possible to get a reaction from the prosecution.

"With this decision Alfredo is acquitted but the prosecutor has the option to appeal, but is unlikely to make this decision because there was no evidence to show that he was involved in the fact," Dilon said.

Simon had 4-9 record and 4.90 ERA in the 2011 season opener and acting reliever Baltimore Orioles.

"I hope that this ends now. I've been to several hearings and always the same, that the witnesses did not appear, "said Simon on 18 October when another hearing cited the case.


0 comentarios:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More